High school football is king in Texas, and Bryan Broadcasting has no shortage of gridiron coverage in the fall. As the high school liaison, I’ve worked with the coaches and athletic staff to put together a great group of play-by-play teams for area football broadcasts.
- A&M Consolidated High, which is broadcast by the award-winning team of Mike Wright & Mark Green, is aired on Newstalk 1620 WTAW.
- The Bryan High Vikings can be heard on Sportsradio 1150 the Zone, with Dave Campbell providing the play-by-play and Alex Borrell on commentary.
- Keith Kane and I provide the broadcast for Rudder High on Peace 107:7.
- The “Voice of Kyle Field” Chace Murphy, along with Scott Clendenin, team up for the College Station High games on 102.7 FM.
- The Navasota Rattlers, whose home is on KWBC Navasota News 1550, is covered by Tim Schnettler.
In the spirit of expanding coverage, Bryan Broadcasting has also committed itself to airing select high school boys and girls basketball games, as well as baseball and softball.
Most of these match-ups are broadcast on the Zone HD 95.1-3, with a few airing on Sportsradio 1150 the Zone. Jordan Meserole and Jason Cornelius (Bear & Dog) team up for the play-by-play for men’s basketball and baseball, while women’s hoops and softball is broadcast by Keith Kane and myself.
In a welcomed addition for the summer, reporter Chelsea Reber has met with high school football, baseball and boys’ basketball coaches as part of a series of interviews on ‘The Louie Belina Show’ on Sportsradio 1150 and the Zone FM 102.7.
As with all things at Bryan Broadcasting, our work is ever-expanding. We have big plans for the future of our high school coverage, so stay tuned!